Originally published for WindyCityCurling.com in March 2015.
Ontario’s Mark Kean received a reminder about keeping his knee on the ice a little too long from Northern Ontario’s E.J. Harnden. That reminder was a tap on the back of the shin as Kean was watching his shot.You can read more about the etiquette controversy at this link, but we here at Windy City Curling wanted to investigate – What were the real reasons that Harnden gave Kean a tap.
10. Harnden was trying to kill a fly that kept “bug”ging everyone.
9. Harnden needed to clean his brush, looked for the closest thing.
8. “I don’t see nothing wrong, doing a little bump and curl …”
7. Because taking a golf swing into his crotch might be considered rude.
6. You didn’t see the game of Tag going on during the game. “Mark, you’re it!”
4. You haven’t heard of a Scottish massage?
3. At worst, he figured it would be a 15-yard penalty and repeat of the down.
2. At least Kanye didn’t try to interrupt the shot.
1. Trying to help Kean train to take on Ronda Rousey in UFC 192.